Frequently Asked Questions


To learn more about Disability Services and the services we can offer you as a student at Ultimate Medical Academy, take a few minutes to explore some commonly asked questions below.

What accommodations are offered at Ultimate Medical Academy?

Students have different challenges based on their disabilities, which is why accommodations are determined on a case-by-case basis. It is important for students to self-identify their disability by returning the application paperwork and documentation of disability to Ultimate Medical Academy’s Office of Disability Services, and then discuss reasonable accommodations with a Disability Services representative.

What If I don't know what accommodations to request? 

The first question you should ask yourself is, "How am I struggling in my studies?" Also, consult any previous documentation of disability you may have on file. During your application process with the Office of Disability Services, speak with a member of our team to discuss this.

Do I have to request accommodations if I have a disability?

Yes. Accommodations will not be suggested or offered unless you identify yourself as a student with a disability and request them.

If I want to apply for accommodations where do I get the application forms?

You can contact the Office of Disability Services by phone at 888-333-1454 or email and we will forward the forms to you. Or you can let your advisor or instructor know you want to apply and they will let us know on your behalf.

Do I have to send in documentation of my disability?

Yes. Please submit your documentation of disability to the Office of Disability Services.

What is the difference between asking my advisor for an accommodation and speaking with the Office of Disability Services about my accommodations? 

If you ask your advisor for an accommodation, the advisor will notify the Office of Disability Services. Requesting accommodations through a Disability Services team member also officially notifies UMA that you are a student with a disability and invokes the protection of state and federal disability laws.

Must UMA provide assistive technology and computer equipment for my use at home if it will accommodate my disability?

No. UMA is not required by law to provide assistive technology, personal services, equipment or aids to students with disabilities. You are responsible for providing your own equipment for home use. However, UMA may offer accommodations on a student by student basis.

What if I leave UMA and then return? Do I get to keep my approved accommodations?

If a student with accommodations withdraws from UMA and returns at a later date, the student must notify the Office of Disability Services upon return in order to reactivate the approved accommodations. You may be required to self-disclose and document your disability upon re-entry.

Where do I send my documentation?

You can fax your documentation to (888) 333-1454, email it to, or mail it to:

Ultimate Medical Academy
Attention: Disability Services
3101 W. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Suite 200
Tampa, FL 33607

Disability Services Links
Request Accommodations | Student Manual (pdf) | Higher Education Disability Laws | Student Forms | Frequently Asked Questions | Contact Us