Medical Billing and Coding
Want to work in a fast-growing profession? Train to be a Medical Biller & Coder! According to the U.S. Department of Labor, the Medical Records and Health Information Technicians field, which includes Medical Billing & Coding, is expected to grow 20% between 2008 and 2018, adding over 30,000 new jobs.*
In as little as 12 months, you can learn to:
- Run the billing software that keeps doctors and hospitals in business
- Process critical claims and medical records
- Code medical and surgical procedures using proper terminology
- Assist in the management of medical practices
Medical Billers and Coders are essential to making healthcare facilities run smoothly. At UMA, you can learn about the healthcare claim cycle, how insurance reimbursement works and how to process claims with industry-standard software, all while building a plan for career success. As a Medical Billing and Coding professional, you could work in physicians' offices, hospitals, insurance companies and other healthcare facilities.
Learn how to start your career in Medical Billing and Coding. Contact UMA for information on program details, class scheduling, financial aid for those who qualify and more.
* U.S. Department of Labor; Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-11 Edition; available at http://www.bls.gov