WORK AT UMA
Improving lives is our job
WORK AT UMA
Improving lives is our job. It could be yours, too.
We’re always on the lookout for UMA teammates. As Ultimate Medical Academy focuses on the future, we’re seeking bright, qualified, inspired professionals who share our passion for helping others. If you think you’re a good fit for our school, then view our job openings.
What makes Ultimate Medical Academy special? Ultimate Medical Academy provides so much more than allied healthcare career training. Our students trust us to help them achieve their dreams. For some UMA students, successfully entering a new career field may seem almost impossible. That’s why we’re with them every step of the way, offering emotional support, academic tutoring and coaching, quality training, interactive and relevant curriculum, career preparation and useful advice that includes charting a path for success.
UMA employee benefits typically include1:Insurance, Health & Wellness
Employer Paid Benefits
- Health (PPO and CDHP), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA & DCFSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Supplemental Employee, Spousal and Child Life Insurance
- Supplemental Employee and Spousal AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Critical Illness (Employee & Family)
- Accident Insurance (Employee & Family)
- PTO Buy-up
- $50,000 Life Insurance
- $50,000 Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Long Term Disability
- Employer Paid HSA annual contribution
- 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- UMA Leave Programs (Medical, Personal, Paternal, and FMLA)
- Company Social Events
- Free, Covered Parking
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- Discounted Weight Watchers with Onsite Meetings
- Club Sports Programs
- Sponsored 5K Walks/Races
- Buccaneer Football Ticket Discounts
- Yoga, Zumba, Piyo Classes Onsite
- Healthy Living Initiatives
- Farmers Market Days Onsite
- Lunch & Learn Events For Employee Wellness
- Paid Job Training
- Professional Development
1 Benefits may not apply to part time, temporary or adjunct positions at UMA. Some benefits may also be available but at an additional cost to an employee. Other restrictions may apply. Please contact human resources with specific benefit questions about a specific position opportunities.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Ultimate Medical Academy, we recognize and value distinct life experiences and perspectives. Ultimate Medical Academy seeks to inspire our employees, and in turn our students, by creating a culture where diversity, inclusion, and respect for others are championed.
UMA observes the following:
- MLK Day (January)
- Black History Month (February)
- Women’s History Month (March)
- Celebrate Diversity Month (April)
- Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month (May)
- Older Americans Month (May)
- LGBTQ Pride Month (June)
- Women’s Equality Day (August)
- Hispanic-Latino Heritage Month (September)
- Multi-Cultural Diversity Day (October)
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month (October)
- Native American Heritage Month (November)
- Veterans Day (November)
- Human Rights Day (December)
- Religious Differences in the Workplace: Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Ramadan
Living in Tampa Bay
The Tampa Bay Area has something for everyone. Whether you’re single, starting a family, pursuing a degree part-time, or settling in, the region’s low cost of living, abundant sunshine and exceptional lifestyle activities make Tampa a great place to live, work and play.
Explore Tampa Bay:
Career Services Advisor
Looking for a place where you can make a difference in an exciting and driven environment? You've found it. At Ultimate Medical Academy, we do meaningful work that changes people's lives. We offer opportunities for growth and a culture of having fun, building energy and giving back.
In this role, you'll be responsible for helping our graduates start careers in their fields of study. If you're self-motivated, enjoy talking to people and possess drive and confidence, UMA is looking for you!