Happy New Year from your Alumni Association team! Part of our mission at UMA is to continue offering support services to students after graduation. So, as we look toward 2016, here’s your January issue of the Alumni Association Newsletter. It’s packed with great resources designed to help you have the best 2016 possible.
- In This Issue:
- Alumni Career Services
- Brush Up Your Skills
- Personal Finance - Making the Most of 2016
- Class Notes
- Career Development
- Featured Spotlight
As you read through the newsletter, if you have any questions about support services for alumni, please visit our website or reach out to the alumni team. We’re here for you!
On behalf of your UMA alumni team, we wish you a wonderful and prosperous 2016.
Sincerely, Kerri M. UMA Alumni Association firstname.lastname@example.org
Alumni Career Services
The Alumni Career Services team focuses on assisting with your job. Whether you are searching for your first job, the next step in your career, or you are ready for a change; they can even assist with résumés, interviewing and job applications.
Let’s focus on your job hunt, together. From your personalized résumé and cover letter, to job interviews and your first few weeks in a new position—we’re here to support you. Take advantage of the ways we help you prepare for a new career in allied healthcare, including:
- Assisting with your résumé writing
- Practicing job interviewing skills
- Matching you with specific employment opportunities
- Support from our graduate success team
- Helping you prepare for certification exams
- Continuing education / topic refreshers
- Career services after you graduate
Expert advice is just a call away. No matter where you are in your job search — we can help. Now is the time to connect with the Alumni Career Services team. Give us a call at 888-216-0535 or email AlumniAssistance@ultimatemedical.edu.
Personal Finance - Making the Most of 2016
UMA offers resources and connections to assist you with your student loans and creating a financial plan. Contact our team to take advantage of these resources today. Our team, affectionately known as “OPFAR” is the Office of Personal Finance and Alumni Relations. And here are their TOP 5 TIPS for 2016:
- Don’t just pay your minimum each month. Paying a few dollars more than your minimum payment each month will save you money in the long run and help you pay off your loans sooner. It reduces the amount of time your loan is outstanding, which means you’ll pay less interest.
- Have a budget. Creating and following a budget is a great way to stay on top of your financial obligations and save for your future. Get started now: http://www.mappingyourfuture.org/money/budgetcalculator.cfm
- Get help with your loan. Having problems making your monthly student loan payments? There are a variety of payment plans available based on your income. Contact us for more information. The sooner you get help, the sooner you can potentially be debt and stress free!
- Understand the new Revised Pay As You Earn Repayment Plan. This plan may help lower your monthly student loan payments! Click here to learn more and apply.
- Call us. Your OPFAR team can help you throughout the entire time you have your loan. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your student loans, please give us a call at 888-205-2170 (Monday – Thursday: 9 a.m. – 8 p.m., Friday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Saturday: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.), or email email@example.com.
New baby? New job? New spouse? Let us know so we can share the news with your UMA family.
Submit your class notes for the next issue of the Alumni Association newsletter: Class Notes
Mary Gallagher Mary graduated with High Academic Honors and Dean's List Recognition for her Associate of Science Degree in December 2015. She will be continuing on to receive a Bachelor's in Healthcare Management and Christian Ministry Leadership in February 2016.
Brandi McNeal Brandi recently gave birth to a baby boy.
Victoria McKie Victoria will be getting married on December 30, 2015.
Autumn McCoy Autumn will be giving birth to her second baby in June, one month after graduation.
Need to Brush Up on Your Skills?
Online alumni have access to Blackboard (the online classroom) for three years following their graduation. Within the online classroom you can find a wide range of materials to revisit in order to sharpen your skills. If you don’t remember your password, don’t sweat it – you can reset it or contact tech support for help.
If you’re not sure where to look for help, contact the alumni team who can steer you toward the right resource.
Our TAPS program (Tools for Alumni Professional Success) provides no-cost continuing education, advice and tips for helping you reach your professional goals. To access the online classroom and all of the features available for alumni, please visit UMAlearn.com.
Featured Spotlight of the Month
I am so excited about my experience with Ultimate Medical Academy. I want to start off by saying thank you to ALL of the staff. You all have made my road a bit easier to travel. Since the very beginning of my MBC program I have had hills to climb, medical, physical, financial, as well as spiritual. All of these issues created bumps in my road and I almost gave up but with the support of the staff and fellow students I was encouraged and they always had a caring word to get me through my issue. I graduated and I am so happy. I encourage you today, with all of the bumps in the road don't ever give up on your hopes and your dreams, and also check-in with fellow students you never know who is being impacted by your actions. Thanking you all for standing with me on my journey. We made it!!!
Medical Billing and Coding
Share Your Story
It's your time to shine! Leave a review highlighting your experience at UMA, and you could be featured in our next alumni newsletter. Why did you choose UMA? What's it like to be a UMA student? What advice would you give to people who are considering UMA? The spotlight is on you!Share Your Story
UMA’s blog, InHealthcareToday.com offers helpful videos and articles to help you navigate and succeed in the healthcare field. We’ve picked our top favorites and linked to them below for your quick reference.