As a UMA grad, you know the quality of a UMA education, and how it helps prepare students to succeed on the job.
Through the UMA Career Connector program, you can tell UMA about open positions at your company and receive rewards and recognition in return. Once we know about these openings, we can help your company fill those positions with fellow UMA graduates.
For every verified job you submit, you’ll move one step closer to earning UMA rewards—including things like a UMA Alumni Tumbler, UMA Alumni Sweatshirt, and more! Read below for more details on rewards, how to participate, and the types of jobs UMA is looking for.
|Referrer: 1 UMA-approved job referral UMA Notebook & Office Supplies||Career Connector: 1-3 job placements UMA Alumni T-Shirt|
|Ultimate Referrer: 2-5 UMA-approved job referrals UMA Alumni CamelBak Water Bottle||Ultimate Career Connector: 4-6 job placements UMA Alumni Swag Bag and a UMA Alumni Sweatshirt|
|Platinum Referrer: 6+ UMA-approved job referrals UMA Backpack||Platinum Career Connector: 7+ job placements All-expenses paid trip to Tampa to be recognized at Commencement, a professional headshot taken at Commencement, and other activities while in Tampa*|
*The all-expenses paid trip to Tampa, FL will occur during the following UMA Commencement. The trip must be booked through UMA. UMA will work with the graduate, who is not currently enrolled at UMA, to book a trip not to exceed $1,500 for the graduate and one guest, including flight and hotel.
Getting started is easy:
- Ask your employer if they have open positions.
- Let UMA know about these positions by filling out the Career Connector form on the right. To get the most out of your referrals and earn your rewards, submit each job separately.
- We’ll keep track of your referrals, and keep you updated on the status of your submissions.
Not all job referrals count—only those verified as new positions that match UMA’s program criteria. Click the “Job Title Examples” drop down to learn about the types of jobs our graduates have found employment in.
Job Title Examples
When researching open positions at your organization, remember that UMA has alumni nationwide.
Accounts Receivable Specialist Medical Office Assistant Administrative Assistant Medical Receptionist Billing Clerk Medical Records Clerk Billing Coordinator Medical Records Technician Billing Specialist Medical Scribe Client Service Representative Medical Secretary Customer Care Assistant Medication Technician Data Entry Clerk Office Assistant Direct Care Staff Office Manager Direct Care Worker Patient Access Representative Direct Support Professional Patient Account Coordinator Field Scan Technician Patient Account Representative Field Technician Patient Care Assistant Front Desk Assistant Patient Care Coordinator Front Desk Receptionist Patient Coordinator Laboratory Assistant Patient Service Representative Laboratory Technician Personal Care Aid Medical Administrative Assistant Pharmacy Cashier Medical Biller Pharmacy Clerk Medical Biller and Coder Pharmacy Technician Medical Billing Specialist Receptionist Medical Biller Medical Coder Release of Information Specialist Medical Coding Specialist Site Data Collector
These positions represent a sample of job titles Ultimate Medical Academy graduates have found employment in. Additional job titles may be applicable to alumni.
- Entries are calculated for verified placements that occur between June 1, 20xx – June 30, 20xx.
- A graduate must be employed for 15 days and the verification of employment must take place no earlier than 15 days after employment. UMA will follow their internal policy for graduate employment verification.
- A placement is defined as a graduate employed in a position wherein the majority of the graduate’s job functions are related to the skills and knowledge acquired through successful completion of UMA’s training program.
- Job referrals must be for open positions within the allied health field with job duties that are at the level consistent with graduates of a UMA diploma or associate degree.
- Program is only open to Ultimate Medical Academy graduates. UMA employees are not eligible to participate.
- UMA will follow up with the graduate within 5 business days of submitting an open position.
This giveaway is governed by the Career Connect Giveaway Terms and Conditions (.pdf).