Are you able to commute regularly to Downtown Clearwater, FL for class?
No, I cannot.
Yes, I can commute to Clearwater, FL.
Types of careers in healthcare
A benefit of choosing a career in the healthcare field — and likely the reason you want to take this healthcare career quiz — is that you have a variety of career paths you can choose from.
After all, healthcare professionals aren’t just found in doctors' offices and hospitals! Other environments also include nursing homes, hospice organizations, labs, pharmacies, imaging and diagnostic centers, and insurance companies.
Entry-level healthcare careers can be described as falling into several categories including:
- Allied healthcare. The Association of Schools Advancing Health Professions (ASAHP) explains that individuals working in allied healthcare “are involved with the delivery of health or related services pertaining to the identification, evaluation and prevention of diseases and disorders; dietary and nutrition services; rehabilitation and health systems management, among others.” Individuals working in these roles may serve as a family support worker, outreach specialist, or social services assistant.
- Healthcare technology. If, in addition to having a desire to work in healthcare, you also love computers, software, and anything tech, there are several positions that fall under the umbrella of healthcare technology. In this type of role, you might help a healthcare facility with inputting patient information in its electronic health records (EHR) system, or you could work as a medical records analyst, patient access representative, or document imaging technician.
- Healthcare management. The third category of healthcare careers is healthcare management. In these types of roles, you are often responsible for looking after the healthcare organization’s budget, managing staff, creating policies and procedures, and otherwise running the facility or business. Positions that exist in healthcare management include front desk supervisor, medical billing supervisor, and office supervisor.
Each of the positions in these three categories has its own requirements when it comes to the educational level you must achieve to pursue work in that role, as well as the skill sets you would need to develop.
Healthcare jobs that are in demand
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), some of the jobs in the healthcare field that are in demand include:
- Social and human service assistant
- Medical records and health information technician
- Medical secretary and administrative assistant
(Please note: True salary potential for any healthcare position is dependent on several factors. Among them are your educational level, amount of experience, the holding of relevant certifications, and your geographic location. Therefore, while the BLS does provide these median annual salaries to consider, keep in mind that these numbers do range higher and lower due to a combination of factors.)
What this quiz is and how it will help
The goal of this healthcare career quiz is to help identify which healthcare roles might suit you.
Therefore, the questions are designed to collect more information about your personality, your work-related desires, and any preferences you may have – all of which will be considered to provide you a better idea of which healthcare positions you may find the most appealing, and the most rewarding.
If you’re ready to find out which growing healthcare careers may be for you, start the healthcare career quiz now!
This quiz was created by Ultimate Medical Academy (UMA) to promote our educational programs and to provide general information (and in some cases, personality traits) UMA believes to be associated with UMA’s programs and the related careers in the healthcare field. The results listed in this quiz are not scientifically valid and are not intended as a scientific assessment or an individualized assessment of which program is the best fit for you. Your participation in the quiz is voluntary and you are under no obligation to participate or enroll in any particular program. The decision to inquire about UMA is solely up to you. Some states require certification to work in certain allied health fields, including but not limited to pharmacy technicians. Contact us to learn more about requirements for your state and field. Some employers also require certification.