UMA’s Student Wellness Center: Helping you and your household work toward wellness.
Helping you and your household work toward wellness
Wellness is incredibly important to your studies and your overall health. UMA is committed to providing you and your household with access to wellness resources. You and your household can use these resources to work toward your health and wellbeing!
What is Wellness?
At UMA, we follow the guide provided by Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. This organization defines wellness using eight key indicators:
- Emotional – Coping effectively with life and creating satisfying relationships
- Environmental – Good health by occupying pleasant, stimulating environments that support well-being
- Financial – Satisfaction with current and future financial situations
- Intellectual – Recognizing creative abilities and finding ways to expand knowledge and skills
- Occupational – Personal satisfaction and enrichment from one’s work
- Physical – Recognizing the need for physical activity, healthy foods, and sleep
- Social – Developing a sense of connection, belonging, and a well-developed support system
- Spiritual – Expanding a sense of purpose and meaning in life
In this definition, wellness means that all parts of your life work in harmony to support your overall wellbeing. UMA’s resources are designed to help you build toward wellness by focusing on these factors.
Visit UltimateMedical.edu/help for assistance with addressing personal, financial, legal, or life concerns. You can access 24/7 resources and receive up to three counseling sessions per issue per year. These services are available for you and your household at no additional cost.
To create your account, click “Register” tab on the right side of the page and enter “UMASAP” in the “Organization Web ID” field. Next, click the “Register” bar to access account set up.
For services by phone, call 866-797-1622.