An online associate degree can help you get on the right career path and position you for greater employment opportunities, higher annual pay and future advancement. Here are some important facts to consider when making this important decision.
What would you do with $124 more each week? Your paycheck could be $6,448 more per year compared to your friends who only finished high school.2
11 of the top 20 occupations that typically require an associate degree or postsecondary non-degree award are in healthcare.3
Lower unemployment rate. The unemployment rate for people with an associate degree is 26% lower than those with only a high school education.4
Graduate faster than those in a traditional two-year associate degree program.7
Gain the skills that today's employers desire. Learn basic computer use, problem solving and teamwork.8
Here to support your success. Our student services include academic support, career services and technical support.
- 1Source: https://cew.georgetown.edu/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/collegepayoff-summary.pdf
- 2The salary figure is calculated from the median weekly earnings of those surveyed by the BLS, Employment Projections, March 15, 2016, http://www.bls.gov/emp/ep_chart_001.htm
- 3Source: http://www.bls.gov/careeroutlook/2015/article/projections-occupation.htm
- 4The unemployment rate is calculated from a 2015 survey by the BLS, Employment Projections, March 15, 2016, http://www.bls.gov/emp/ep_chart_001.htm
- 7http://nces.ed.gov/pubs2011/2011221.pdf The National Center for Education Statistics state that a majority of college graduates take longer to earn a degree than what is commonly thought to be “normal” amount of time for an associate degree, which is 2 years.
- 8Consult the UMA catalog for more details on the skills attained during each program of study.