Effective on April 19, 2011
Updated on October 11, 2016
This privacy statement describes how Ultimate Medical Academy collects and uses the personal information you provide on our Web site: www.ultimatemedical.edu. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
This privacy statement describes how Ultimate Medical Academy (the “School”) collects and uses the personal information you provide on our “Websites” including but not limited to: www.ultimatemedical.edu, blog.ultimatemedical.edu, start.ultimatemedical.edu, payuma.com, startuma.com, info.ultimatemedical.edu, www.medlearninggroup.com, www.ccmcme.com, www.globaleducationgroup.com, www.hireedsolutions.com, www.conversionpartners.com, www.cpea-assn.org. It also describes how the School collects and stores your browsing data resulting from your visit to our Websites. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Websites.
- In email, text and other electronic messages between you and the Websites.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party including our affiliates and subsidiaries; or
- any third party including our affiliates and subsidiaries, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from (or on) the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at UMACares@ultimatemedical.edu.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect all or some of the following personal information from you when you voluntarily complete a form on our Websites: name, email address, mailing address, phone number, how you heard about us, program of interest, nature of inquiry, comments, and campus location. We collect details of transactions you carry out through our Websites. You may be required to provide financial information when making a payment on our Websites. If making a request for admissions or transfer credit, you may also be required to provide information related to prior academic history, employment, or military service. If a student chooses not to provide this personal information, he/she may be unable to receive some of the services we offer.
We also collect personal information when you voluntarily provide it or make it available to us by (1) logging into, or creating an account on one of our Websites; (2) providing feedback to us through a feedback tool; or (3) logging-in to our Websites through a social media or similar tool, if available. Each manner in which we collect personal information about you identified above occurs only when you voluntarily provide information to us.
As is true of most websites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Websites and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
We use this information to:
- Send you requested product or service information
- Send you updates about the School and its programs
- Send you a catalog
- Send you a newsletter
- Send you marketing communications
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it
- Improve the performance of our Websites
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues with our Websites
- Comply with requests from legal entities
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at UMACares@ultimatemedical.edu.
UMA respects the contact preferences of current, former and prospective students. We do not perform telemarketing using so-called “robocalls” or “autodialers”; when you receive a call from UMA about starting or resuming your education, it has been initiated by a UMA representative. To update your contact preferences with UMA, including requesting no telemarketing calls, use the UMA Cares hotline at 800-509-5474 or UMACares@ultimatemedical.edu.
To request a copy of UMA’s Do-Not-Contact policy, please contact UMA Cares at 800-509-5474 or UMACares@ultimatemedical.edu.
Information Obtained from Third Parties
If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our activities such as providing our services or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- as required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- if School is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Websites of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information; and
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), as amended, requires certain educational institutions, including the School, to establish and publish a written institutional policy regarding student privacy rights under FERPA. The law provides that except in limited circumstances the institution must not disclose, without appropriate consent, the education records of its students. UMA’s FERPA policy is located in the UMA Catalog. The Catalog, Supplements and Addendum are available on the UMA website at: www.ultimatemedical.edu/student-information/.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We use another company to place cookies on your computer to collect non-personally identifiable information to compile aggregated statistics for us about visitors to our Websites.
Our Websites contain electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our Websites are used; and may also be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns.
We use a third party to gather information about how you and others use our Websites. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our Websites are used.
Visitors can learn more about internet based advertising, including how to opt-out, by visiting the following http://optout.networkadvertising.org.
Links to Other Web Sites
Our Websites includes links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from those of our School. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
We use Google Analytics to measure site traffic and visitor activity to improve content and services for students and key stakeholders.
We use first-party Google Analytics, Google AdWords and Microsoft Bing Ads cookies to present messages to site visitors through remarketing.
Visitors can opt-out of the Google Analytics, AdWords or Microsoft Bing through accessing the “Ads Settings” feature in their Google account or mobile application; or by using the Google Analytics opt-out application at tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/; or by managing your preferences in Microsoft Bing.
Social Media Policy
Ultimate Medical Academy (UMA) is pleased to provide students, alumni, and members of the community-at-large, with several online communities in which to hold constructive discussions, solicit advice or input, and provide support to peers.
Participation in such communities is a privilege, not a right, and is reserved for members who conduct themselves in a professional and responsible manner. The social community administrators reserve the right to remove comments and members, who do not follow these guidelines. We welcome your constructive criticism; however as administrators of these communities we retain the right to remove any content that is not consistent with UMA’s mission or core values or put personal student information at risk.
The following actions constitute immediate removal from our communities:
- Harassment of students, staff, or any other individual
- Inflammatory or vulgar content/language
- Personal attacks
Other general guidelines for your consideration:
- No soliciting (including the advertisement of products, services, contests and charities)
- No abusive behavior
- No posting of personal information (contact information or personal account information, etc. of yourself, another student, faculty or staff – including full names of staff members with whom you have spoken to either in person or “offline”)
- No posting of live chat screenshots, email communication or other personal communication from UMA
- Community members must contribute to the community in a constructive fashion; exhibiting patience, understanding, tolerance and mutual respect
- Posting duplicate comments is not permitted
- Instigating is not permitted
- Posts older than 30 days may be removed
- To help prevent identity theft and reduce potential personal security risks, please do not post statements or questions regarding financial information, student loans, payments or the refunds/stipends. UMA reserves the right to remove posts that contain this content. All financial-related inquiries should be sent to UMA’s Student Finance Department and not posted online.
For questions or concerns please feel free to contact the social media team at email@example.com.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our Websites, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Policy Information
Our Websites offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Websites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to UMACares@ultimatemedical.edu.
Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, contact us at UMACares@ultimatemedical.edu.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
Non-U.S. Website Users