Effective on April 19, 2011
Updated on October 11, 2016
This privacy statement describes how Ultimate Medical Academy collects and uses the personal information you provide on our Web site: www.ultimatemedical.edu. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
- On the Websites.
- In email, text and other electronic messages between you and the Websites.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party including our affiliates and subsidiaries; or
- any third party including our affiliates and subsidiaries, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from (or on) the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at UMACares@ultimatemedical.edu.
Collection and Use of Personal InformationWe collect all or some of the following personal information from you when you voluntarily complete a form on our Websites: name, email address, mailing address, phone number, how you heard about us, program of interest, nature of inquiry, comments, and campus location. We collect details of transactions you carry out through our Websites. You may be required to provide financial information when making a payment on our Websites. If making a request for admissions or transfer credit, you may also be required to provide information related to prior academic history, employment, or military service. If a student chooses not to provide this personal information, he/she may be unable to receive some of the services we offer. We also collect personal information when you voluntarily provide it or make it available to us by (1) logging into, or creating an account on one of our Websites; (2) providing feedback to us through a feedback tool; or (3) logging-in to our Websites through a social media or similar tool, if available. Each manner in which we collect personal information about you identified above occurs only when you voluntarily provide information to us. As is true of most websites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Websites and to deliver a better and more personalized service. We use this information to:
- Send you requested product or service information
- Send you updates about the School and its programs
- Send you a catalog
- Send you a newsletter
- Send you marketing communications
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it
- Improve the performance of our Websites
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues with our Websites
- Comply with requests from legal entities
UMA respects the contact preferences of current, former and prospective students. We do not perform telemarketing using so-called “robocalls” or “autodialers”; when you receive a call from UMA about starting or resuming your education, it has been initiated by a UMA representative. To update your contact preferences with UMA, including requesting no telemarketing calls, use the UMA Cares hotline at 800-509-5474 or UMACares@ultimatemedical.edu.To request a copy of UMA’s Do-Not-Contact policy, please contact UMA Cares at 800-509-5474 or UMACares@ultimatemedical.edu.
Information Obtained from Third PartiesIf you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
Information SharingWe will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our activities such as providing our services or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us. We may also disclose your personal information:
- as required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- if School is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Websites of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information; and
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), as amended, requires certain educational institutions, including the School, to establish and publish a written institutional policy regarding student privacy rights under FERPA. The law provides that except in limited circumstances the institution must not disclose, without appropriate consent, the education records of its students. UMA’s FERPA policy is located in the UMA Catalog. The Catalog, Supplements and Addendum are available on the UMA website at: www.ultimatemedical.edu/student-information/.
Social Media PolicyUltimate Medical Academy (UMA) is pleased to provide students, alumni, and members of the community-at-large, with several online communities in which to hold constructive discussions, solicit advice or input, and provide support to peers. Participation in such communities is a privilege, not a right, and is reserved for members who conduct themselves in a professional and responsible manner. The social community administrators reserve the right to remove comments and members, who do not follow these guidelines. We welcome your constructive criticism; however as administrators of these communities we retain the right to remove any content that is not consistent with UMA’s mission or core values or put personal student information at risk. The following actions constitute immediate removal from our communities:
- Harassment of students, staff, or any other individual
- Inflammatory or vulgar content/language
- Personal attacks
- No soliciting (including the advertisement of products, services, contests and charities)
- No abusive behavior
- No posting of personal information (contact information or personal account information, etc. of yourself, another student, faculty or staff – including full names of staff members with whom you have spoken to either in person or “offline”)
- No posting of live chat screenshots, email communication or other personal communication from UMA
- Community members must contribute to the community in a constructive fashion; exhibiting patience, understanding, tolerance and mutual respect
- Posting duplicate comments is not permitted
- Instigating is not permitted
- Posts older than 30 days may be removed
- To help prevent identity theft and reduce potential personal security risks, please do not post statements or questions regarding financial information, student loans, payments or the refunds/stipends. UMA reserves the right to remove posts that contain this content. All financial-related inquiries should be sent to UMA’s Student Finance Department and not posted online.