Frequently Asked Questions

You have questions. We have answers.

Academics Admissions


Do you have to be certified to do medical billing and coding?

No. You do not need certification to work as a medical biller and coder. However, getting your Certified Professional Coder (CPC) credential could help you stand out in the field as an applicant. UMA can help you prepare to take the CPC exam after you graduate.

Tagged With: MBC

Still have more questions? We are happy to help.
  • Department: Admissions
  • Contact Phone: 877-244-5150
  • Email:

Let’s talk about it.

You probably have questions. We definitely have answers.

Complete this form and we’ll email you info on how to get started at UMA, financial aid, selecting the right program, and connecting with other students. We’ll also give you a call to ensure all your questions are answered so you can make the right choice.

By clicking the Request Info button, you agree to be contacted by phone, text message, or email via automated systems by Ultimate Medical Academy about your education at the phone numbers you provided above, including any wireless number(s). You are not obligated to agree to automated contact to enroll.  Note that even non-automated calls are recorded for quality assurance. Message frequency may vary. Ultimate Medical Academy’s Privacy Policy and Short Code Terms and Conditions.